At NMH, you can apply to go on exchange during the 3rd or 4th year of all bachelor's programmes (only the 4th year for students in the bachelor's programme in music education) and in the 1st or 2nd year of all master's programmes. The application deadline is 15 February in the academic year before you wish to go on exchange.
A prerequisite for being allowed to travel on exchange is that you are on track with subjects and study credits. It means that:
- if you are going on exchange in your third year of your bachelor's degree, you must have completed the first department before you leave.
- if you are going on exchange in your fourth year of the bachelor's degree in music education, you must have completed all 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year subjects before you leave.
- if you are going on exchange during your first year as a master's student, you must have completed your bachelor's degree before you leave. You must apply before 15 February, even if you have don't yet know whether you have been admitted to the master's programme.
- if you are going on exchange during your second year as a master's student, you must have completed the course MUSPER71 Music in Perspective before you travel.
- if you already have a dispensation for the current academic year, subjects must be completed as described in the dispensation decision before you travel.
Contact your student adviser if you are unsure whether you are on schedule, or to make a plan for how you can get on schedule before departure